Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Internal Number: MEDIC002151
You belong here! At Family Health West, you're more than an employee, you're family.
When you enter our facility, you know it's Family Health West because, well, the color speaks for itself. You'll be part of a team that strives to bring color to care in a vibrant environment by creating fun, effective treatment programs helping to empower and inspire our patients while providing the tools and care they need to achieve their wellness goals.
When we say you'll do what you love, we mean it! Welcomed by open arms and warm smiles, you'll join a team that encourages professional growth. We are sure to put on our listening ears when you share new ideas and approaches to care because that's what got us to the top! You'll wear your badge proudly, knowing that you contribute each day, to providing care that is unmatched, in western Colorado.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out the application now, and when you hit send do a little happy dance knowing that you just made our day. If it still sounds too good to be true, come see for yourself. Call us to schedule a tour and meet your new best friends!
About Family Health West
Our roots go deep -- founded by the community in 1946, it's no wonder our hospital feels like coming home. We were built from the ground up with the hands of our own community, a labor of dedication and hope by our people, for our people, for the future.
At Family Health West we go beyond what corporate hospitals deliver, we've created a culture of prosperity where warmth, passion, and care flourishes. As we focus on continually improving outcomes for patients, our network of healthcare providers includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, one of the largest rehab providers in western Colorado, outpatient surgical services, specialty clinics, emergency services, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Colorado National Monument, Family Health West has an outdoor paradise at your back door. The community culture is fitting for outdoor lovers, bikers, hikers, or those just simply soaking in the panoramic views.
Family Health West is hiring Medical Office Specialists for Clinics at Primary Care and Physician Services.
- Communicates the scheduling and patient process. Collects and documents all patient demographics.
- Insurance eligibility verification and collection of appropriate copays. Receive and post all payments as appropriate.
- Provide efficiencies in scheduling and managing patients and scheduling of appointments, assemble patient forms for appointments.
- Maintain strong organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures for medical practice.
- Knowledge of medical practice principles, practices and procedures.
- Process incoming and outgoing calls efficiently, politely and as quickly as possible. Document phone messages in EHR as appropriate.
- Alert supervisor to any insurance issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Promote existing and new programs and/or policies of Family Health West and the outpatient clinics both internally and externally, exhibiting professional and respectful behavior to others at all times.
- Complete scanning as assigned into patient charts in a timely manner.
- Direct patient contact assisting with intake registration, escorting and assisting physician with duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Reliable and punctual attendance is essential; expected to be at job as scheduled each scheduled day.
- Communicate necessary information to others as appropriate.
- Provide support of projects and demonstrate strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Follow up on patient referrals ensure timely processing.
- Call for authorization for Worker's Compensation patients.
- Submit for authorization of treatment/procedures to insurance companies as needed and directed by Practice Manager or Practice Director.
- Prepare and send all referrals/documentation to outside providers as needed.
- Request documentation from outside providers and scan documentation into Medical EMR. Access records from QHN and Paper version as needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings with each practice MOS staff and Staff Manager to go over any issues, new processes, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of programs such as Patient Portal, EMR, QHN, Gmail and associated programs, etc.
- Train new hires as needed.
- Comply with Competency Audits and Trainings as directed by Practice Directory/Practice Manager.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
The wage range for this position is $17.50 - $29.79
Immunizations required for employment, including COVID-19.
FHW offers a full benefits package including:
FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employee Assistance Program
403 (B) with 4% match from FHW and zero day vesting schedule
FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES WORKING AT LEAST 30 HOURS A WEEK
Medical Plan Options:
I. PPO plan with copay/coinsurance and lower deductible
II. High Deductible Health Plan with the option for a Health Savings Account.
III. Telemedicine includes in both plan options.
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Disability Insurance with a Short and Long Term Option.
Critical Illness and Accident Plans
Cafeteria Options: Health Reimbursement/ Flex Savings / Dependent Childcare
A host of other options to include: Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, Travel protection,