Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Type: Full Time
Salary: Base salary starting at: $30.9
Hospital, Public and Private
4 Year Degree
The Oncology Nurse Navigator is responsible for the coordination, development, and collaboration of programs to be utilized by patients within the organization and community.
Base salary starting at: $30.95 / hr
• Assesses and assists with the patient’s understanding of disease processes and treatment options based on provider recommendations. • Assists with the coordination of care across all disciplines.
• Acts as a primary contact and advocate for patients and families.
• Educates patients, families, caregivers and community about cancer care.
• Develops oncology related education materials and survivorship program.
• Serves as a community resource for oncology services and cancer programs.
• Participates in developing, tracking and monitoring metrics and outcomes.
• Prepares grants and community plans to secure funding for programs.
• Practices in accordance with the Oncology Nurse Navigator Core Competencies as applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
• 1-3 years of clinical oncology experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in both radiation oncology and medical oncology preferred.
• Previous experience in a hospital preferred.
• Must have a current, valid RN license from the State of Wyoming and must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
• Must have current, valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or must obtain within 60 days of hire and maintain credentials throughout employment with IMH.
• Must have current, valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or must obtain within one (1) year of hire and maintain credentials throughout employment at IMH.
• Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification obtained within three (3) years preferred.
• Chemotherapy and Biosafety Course must be taken and certification granted within one year of employment. Re-certification must be taken every two (2) years or as written by ONS standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Annual completion of yearly required CEUs with a focus in Nurse Navigation.
• Excellent customer service skills, including but not limited to: a friendly personality, tact, patience, empathy and a helpful, professional attitude both in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff, managers and the general public verbally and in writing.
• Ability to gather and organize research and report data specific to best practice and outcomes.
• Demonstrate effective listening skills.
• Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to establish priorities effectively.
• Possess exceptional problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively without immediate supervision.
• Ability to learn new computer software programs.
• Ability to recognize and protect confidential information.
• Demonstrate ethical and legal accountability for the position
About Ivinson Memorial Hospital
At Ivinson Memorial Hospital we are committed to excellence, trust, healing, and integrity. We pride ourselves in providing compassionate, world-class care to our community. At Ivinson we offer a competitive total rewards package including; full medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and tuition reimbursement opportunities. Ivinson aims to improve the care provided for our patients and create a work-life balance for our employees by creating a culture of transparency, teamwork, accountability, and trust.
Connections working at Ivinson Memorial Hospital
Return to Search Results