Certified Patient Care Assistant Surgical Trauma ICU
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Internal Number: R88979
ICU T1 8NS-Hosp
$1500 Sign On Bonus Available
If you???re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference ??? and real change in the health care industry ??? you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we???re committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As a Certified Patient Care Assistant working in the 24 bed,??Surgical Trauma ICU, you will be working??alongside uniquely educated staff to care for our very sick and high acuity patient population.?? The ICU serves the greater Tucson area and as far west as Yuma and east to the New Mexico border. Banner University Medical Center- Tucson is an Academic, Level 1 Trauma hospital and has expanded into a brand new tower! The tower is nine stories tall, with new patient care equipment and computers for state-of-the-art care.
This position will work 3-12 hour day shifts, 7:00AM-7:30PM, with holiday rotations. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
*12 Month Commitment Required
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records and provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient???s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheters removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient???s record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. Assists in the ordering of patient specimens. May transcribe and process physician orders effectively using the electronic medical record.
7. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
8. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Tucson: Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires. Existing Tucson incumbents may not transfer out of their geographical market without meeting the CNA requirement. Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred. Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.