In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
As a Patient Transporter, you will bring your excellent customer service skills to the healthcare field here at NCMC! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives.
This is a full time, day shift opportunity. There are two shift options at this time:
Option 1) Saturday, Sunday 6:30AM to 3:00PM and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 7:30AM to 4:00PM
Option 2) Saturday, Sunday 7:30AM to 4:00PM and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 10:30AM to 7:00PM
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
POSITION SUMMARY This position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients' identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
2. Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
3. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
4. Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
5. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
6. May perform supply restocking or assume clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
7. May be required to operate golf cart to provide distribution services.
8. May be required to transport deceased persons to the facility morgue.
9. Facility based position. Responsible for the timely delivery of services with a strong focus on customer service. Customers are staff, physicians, patients, family members and visitors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.