Job Summary: A Shipping Supervisor is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the picking and shipping of product. This may include functions of picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Position Description / Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of production staff in an assigned area.
* Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
* Has in depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area.
* Makes decisions, sometimes difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of the work team; coaches / supports subordinates in their decision-making efforts.
* Provides input into succession planning process for own work area.
* Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style.
* Identifies specific opportunities for long term change within own work team or product/service.
* Resolves day to day or routine problems.
* Effectively listens to and explains difficult issues to reach shared understanding and build alignment constructively counsel staff to address performance issues.
* Two to three years related supervisory experience.
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Ability to complete all necessary safety training.
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work required hours with potential to stay over designated shift.
* Ability to take ownership and responsibility for work.
* Pharmacy / Healthcare industry experience preferred
* Experience with UPS Worldship / FedEx Ship Manager software
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs and push/pull up to 25lbs
* Frequently standing, walking, bending
Career Level - Manager - M1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Internal Number: JR0044362
About McKesson Corporation
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.