A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Breast Ultrasound Technologist are at the heart of breast imaging. We are looking for a compassionate Front Office Representative to work in a high volume, busy breast center. We offer 3D screening mammography at every site. Diagnostic mammography, ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy are all done at our breast centers.
Dedicated breast center averaging 20-30 u/s patients per day. Working with dedicated breast radiologist and technologist. Average of 6 biopsies per day with capability of adding on. One breast radiologist on site. Part of a team of 3 breast sonographers and 3 mammographers along with an interventional scheduler and two MIA's. Monday-Friday 8 hr shift. No nights or weekends *at this time*
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. For new graduates, certification must be completed within 12 months of hire. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1-2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17015
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.