Under general supervision, receives and distributes all incoming parcels and freight for the organization. Picks up and delivers USPS mail from the post office. Sorts and delivers all mail internally and meters all outgoing mail. Covers Courier routes when necessary.
1. Receives and distributes items ordered for Denver Health operations.
2. Sorts, distributes, and meters all incoming and outgoing mail, both interoffice and USPS.
3. Utilizes hand held scanner to record all package transactions from carrier to the end user.
4. Prioritizes packages based on delivery expectations, delivering first overnight and next day air first and so on.
5. Transfers stat lab specimens from Denver Health ACS clinics to the main core lab.
6. Maintains assigned vehicle according to Denver Health vehicle management guidelines and policy.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate required.
1. One year of warehouse or distribution experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge inventory management, warehouse operations, and distribution helpful but not required.
2. Ability to communicate effectively using the appropriate communication channel.
3. Basic knowledge of distribution equipment, such as, pallet jacks, hand carts, and forklifts.
Computers and Technology
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration
1. Valid Colorado class "R" driver's license at the time of application. Proof of personal insurance required for mileage reimbursement.
2. Forklift certification required within the first 90 days of employment.
Work Type Intermittent
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3116
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.