Under close supervision, assists professional nursing and care providers in providing care to all patients with respect for their uniqueness. Collaborates with the RN and healthcare team. Assists with basic patient care and activities of daily living. Maintains unit specific documentation as required. Orders, maintains and utilizes supplies for the assigned unit. Demonstrates the equivalent skills, competencies and professional development of the Health Care Tech III (HCT III) as required by the division.
IMPORTANT: Ability to work Day or Night shift preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ensures all duties, responsibilities and competencies are conducted in a manner that is effective and appropriate to patients/clients to who care/service is being provided.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and applicability of the principles of growth and development over the life span, as well as demonstrating the ability to assess data reflecting the patient's status and interpreting appropriate cultural information of the patient(s) to whom care/ services is being delivered/provided.
3. Employee has completed and met their clinical competency standards
4. Ability to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
5. Skilled in maintaining effective working relationship with patients, employees, and the public.
6. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
7. Ability to interpret adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
8. Ability to communicate clearly
One year of experience in healthcare preferred.
High School Diploma or GED (Required) Education and Experience 1. High school diploma or GED required. 2. 1 year of experience in health care preferred
Certificates, Licenses and Registration:
1. Certified Nursing Assistants License in the State of Colorado required.
2. Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider
Location Denver Health
Shift Varies - Day or Night availability preferred
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 1970
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.