At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals--and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work - excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have great resources to do something incredible--for yourself, and for others.
Nurse Practitioner in Valley Internal Medicine obtains medical histories' and perform physical examinations. Diagnose and treat acute health problems such as infections and injuries. Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Prescribe medications and other treatments. Order, perform and interpret diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays. Provide women's health care including well-women examinations. Provide health maintenance care for adults, including annual physical and wellness visits. Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling. Collaborate with physicians and other health professional as required.
* Performs a thorough age specific history and physical along with appropriate follow up and documentation of the results.
* Analyzes and organized the care of clinically complex patients/clients, including sociocultural, cognitive, functional, nutritional and educational evaluation, leading to the development of a problem list and patient management plan and communicates to patient, family and interdisciplinary team.
* Performs appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for identification and management of patient diagnosis following established standardized protocols. These may include but not limited to: venipuncture, arterial puncture, lumbar puncture, insertion and removal of umbilical catheters, placement and removal of peripheral arterial catheters, percutaneous silastic catheters, and or multi-lumen catheters, endotracheal intubation, needle aspiration of pneumothorax, suprapubic bladder aspiration, partial or double volume exchange transfusion, suturing and removal of sutures, and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation. Appropriately documents procedures and follow-up as necessary.
* Assesses quality of patient care delivery and identifies opportunities for changes in practice, rooted in evidence-based standards of care/protocols, which promote positive patient outcomes.
* Demonstrates knowledge about protection of human subjects in research, approval of human research through the Research Compliance Office, and control of research projects in the clinical area. Initiates and participates in medical and nursing research projects to ensure nursing staff and health care team members delivery of evidence-based practice. Develops and submits proposal for funding of research endeavors as appropriate. Mentors and guides interdisciplinary staff in data collection and research endeavors. Disseminates research findings via presentation and/or publication. Develops standards of care/protocols that guide patient care, assuring evidence-based practice.
* Provides and documents patient, family and significant other education and outcomes, including smoking, cessation, pneumococcal vaccination and other patient specific subjects, utilizing effective teaching methods. Evaluates and assesses patient/family readiness to learn; individualized learning ability; provides age specific education; initiates and reinforces as needed.
* Provides supervision of clinical practices of licensed staff nurses and health care team members. Supports Service Line Directors/Managers in interviewing, hiring and providing orientation for Nurse Practitioners. Precepts and mentors graduate Nursing students in the Nurse Practitioner's role.
Participates in and conducts (chairs) house wide committee work where appropriate, which determines and guides clinical policy and practice standards related to area of expertise. Participates in the Advance Practice Nursing Committee; minimum attendance of 6 meetings/year.
* Develops and supervises program development; participates in designing organizational processes appropriate to area of expertise congruent with patient/client needs and CSHS goals. Creates, advises, and influences system level policy that affects innovation in patient care programs.
* Analyzes new skills, technology and equipment for safety and clinical/fiscal efficacy and opportunities for community outreach.
* Directs, educates and mentors staff in the development of sound clinical judgment (synthesis of clinical data and determination of subsequent plan) to promote positive patient outcomes. Identifies areas of clinical practice, which present as ethical dilemmas; provides direction to and supports nursing/staff identifying resources and achieving resolution.
* Attends educational conferences and seminars (minimum of 2/year) to maintain current knowledge/expertise in area of specialty and identifies opportunities to contribute to community outreach education programs.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.