Under minimal supervision, responsible for the collection of comprehensive demographic and insurance information required for facilitating timely and accurate billing patients in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
4. Consistent and precise collection of co-pays, demonstrates accuracy of daily cash reconciliation.
5. Provides high attention to detail when entering charges, to assist patient accounts to file clean claims.
6. Maintains a timely registration process including an accurate, effective and timely notification to back office staff.
8. Participate regularly in care team huddles and team time, which includes scrubbing schedules, provider and effective communication regarding patient flow.
9. Support providers by accurately sorting incoming and out going faxes, forms and mail.
11. Reconciles cash in order to accurately prepare daily deposit.
12 .Dispense pre-filledmedicationtopatients.Followspharmacypoliciesandprocedureswhendispensingmedications, accurately collect co-pays and troubleshoot issues that may arise.
13. Perform other tasks such as collating/ de-collating of charts, making copies of forms, filing, stocking supplies, providing enrollment information, and attending meetings.
14. Utilization and knowledge of systems pertinent to daily clerical functions. i.e.; EPIC, State portals, insurance portals, County Validator, Denver Health Pulse and Patient Safety Net (PSN).
15.Willingness to utilize knowledge of clerical functions to assist in cross training of peers.
16.Using Epic to assist patients in accurately scheduling appointments with their PCP, may also include overbooking, rescheduling, and scheduling appointments for specialty clinics' i.e.: Mammography, Radiology, Pulmonary Function Test, and Social Worker
17. Answer phone calls in a timely manner and provides information to the caller, and/or routes the calls accordingly.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Ability to prioritize and perform a multitude of duties in a fast-paced, demanding environment. 2. Ability to be versatile in all areas of responsibility and accommodate numerous situational types in difficult areas including, but not limited to Bed Control, Inpatient, Urgent Care, Pediatrics Urgent & Emergent Care, ED, Psychiatric Emergency Services, and Insurance Verification/Authorization. 3. Ability to promote positive customer service in a high demand 24/7 environment, in every encounter. 4. Ability to use critical analytical thinking skills to identify patients that are unable to participate in registration process due to injury, age, or other undetermined barriers. 5. Excellent telephone skills, critical analytical/investigative thinking skills, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. 6. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* High School Diploma or GED (Required)
A combination of 2 years customer service, professional clerical or healthcare experience required.
* Certified Healthcare Access AssociateCertificates, Licenses and Registration: 1. Health Care Access Associates Certificate preferred.
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2111
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.