Under the supervision of the Controller, the Clinic Financial Analyst is a key role on the Finance team. This newly created position will be a key finance liaison to facilitate programmatic success in advancing the mission of the Primary Care Clinic. The talented individual for this role will have the ability to apply his/her strong financial planning, reporting and analytical skills to problem solve and collaborate with the core accounting team and clinic team to meet all end user requirements. This position will also play a pivotal role through his/her leadership in implementing and rolling out new tools for clinic budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other functions.
· Maintain an excellent level of knowledge regarding medical billing mechanisms and billing/financial reporting and serve as business partner with outsourced billing company.
· Work collaboratively with core accounting team while working as part of the clinic team knowing your presence is an essential function for the clinic to be successful.
· Assist with recommending on improvements for financial reporting and strategies in patient billing.
· Assist with all external funding contract management and financial compliance.
· Ensures that encounter data is submitted to all third-party contract providers according to the term of the contract.
· Research missing and incomplete information resulting in billing errors and denials; identify and resolve account discrepancies.
· Review posted payments from EOB’s to the patient’s billing account in clinic software.
· Performs complex analysis on internal as well as third party information to ensure validity of financial data reported.
· Make recommendations to assist in the management and processing of data/information to enhance knowledge.
· Works with Controller in determining and achieving financial goals.
Prepare monthly financial reports and other periodic ad hoc reporting.
Attend all training as necessary for various eligibility programs, including Medi-Cal.
· Collect financial information and lead the annual UDS reporting process along with clinic management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s in Finance or Business degree with at least 3-5 years of FP&A work experience. Healthcare experience is a must. Combination of consulting, corporate/non-profit, and FQHC a plus.
· Clinic billing experience and third party payers such as Medi-Cal, and managed care companies.
· Strong Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP) and ability to build financial models from scratch.
· Adaptive Insight or similar financial planning software experience a plus.
· Attention to details with solid data modeling and thorough documentation follow through. Ability to deliver elegant models that also easily renders for scenario planning and visual reporting.
· A self-starter with thirst for continuous learning and professional development.
· An efficiency explorer and solutionist who can scope and design process and system improvements or adoption to effectively reduce time while maintaining or improving service quality. Experience implementing Adaptive Insights and other planning or reporting system changes, a plus.
· Good written and verbal communications with high EQ to support a client service-oriented accounting/finance team.
· Ability to work successfully with in a culturally diverse work place.
· Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
· Excellent work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative attitude, good attention to detail, team player.
· Ability to be polite and tactful. Ability to set limits and handle pressure situations with clients.
· Commitment to the mission and values of Davis Street.
Internal Number: 101
About Davis Street Community Center
Davis Street Community Center helps low-income families of San Leandro and surrounding communities by providing comprehensive services that assist clients with their financial, physical, and mental well-being. Davis Street programs include a Primary Care Clinic providing medical, dental and behavioral health services; food and clothing; subsidized child care; housing and utility assistance and referrals; childcare centers; and programs for individuals with development disabilities.