Under moderate supervision, responsible for processing personnel actions for all levels of staff in client departments. Collaborate across HR functions to maintain employee data integrity and resolve issues and/or discrepancies as they arise. Respond to employee inquiries via phone and/or email and triage inquiries as appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Collaborate across Human Resources to ensure that personnel transactions are completed and inputted into personnel record accurately and efficiently; with all appropriate reason codes and completed data fields. Verify that information is complete, accurate and includes all required completed forms and documentation. Interface with various HR functions in processing new hire paperwork and employee relations related transactions.
* Process various types of personnel actions for assigned clients and/or departments. Ensure that personnel actions meet guidelines and are completed in a timely manner. Interface and collaborate with Payroll and other departments as needed.
* Provide customer service via email and telephone to clients inclusive of employees, visitors, financial institutions, vendors, and/or other customers. If needed, triage calls to the appropriate department.
* Interact with third party administrators as well as local, state and federal agencies as needed regarding benefits and unemployment.
* Ensure sensitive information remains confidential and protect personal information when processing all transactions and addressing inquiries; in line with the organizations data privacy requirements. Ensure compliance with departmental practices and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
* Follow compensation guidelines for approved pay programs and ensure documentation in personnel record.
* Assist with special department projects and provide coverage, as needed.
Teamwork/Customer Relation Responsibilities
Responds timely, effectively and appropriately to deliverables
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.