First Federal is looking for an experienced mortgage processor who is looking to advance to the next level and provide senior level support to our loan servicing team. This includes performing quality control for pre and post closing of residential mortgage loans, commercial loan documentation, performing HMDA compliance tasks and PMI management as well as generate and review complex loan reports.
First Federal has been operating in Yamhill County Oregon since 1922 and was founded to provide a secure, locally-owned financial institution for Yamhill County residents. Since our founding we have grown to over 490 million dollars in assets and we currently operate 6 full service branches, 2 limited service retirement center branches and a full service loan center.
• Prepare loan documents for loans of all types and complexities which include, residential mortgage, commercial loans and/or other consumer loan types. Will primarily complete functions associated with residential mortgage and as a back-up for commercial loan processing during peak volume periods.
• Perform pre-closing QC for all loan types and complexities, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with established loan policies and procedures, and all regulatory requirements.
• Perform post-closing document QC check after loan funding (“Input Audit”) within defined deadlines.
• Review and take any necessary action associated with loan account maintenance reports, E-OSCAR Consumer Disputes, prior day monetary transactions, returned items and/or non-posted transactions as well as process paid loan files for all loan types.
• Ensure HMDA information is complete, maintain familiarity with specialized software application and transfer information as needed to meet reporting requirements.
• Will perform complex loan report generation and demonstrate technical expertise on the core system and supporting applications and systems.
• Function as a loan system administrator including: setting up new loan products and/or services in core systems, loading forms, resolving system errors etc. Maintain Association’s web pages relating to lending rates and products.
• Participate in tasks related to loans that are sold on the secondary market to ensure regulatory compliance with terms of loan sales.
• Assist in the managing of Private Mortgage Insurance (“PMI”) policy purchases and ongoing maintenance of PMI policies.
• Complete all assigned certifications as scheduled.
• Assist Special Assets Officer as needed in administration of REO assets and perform annual foreclosure reviews.
• Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative duties.
• Balance various general ledger and bank control accounts as assigned.
• Back-up loan department personnel as needed to ensure efficient and timely workflow.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A.A. or degree in Business Administration preferred, or High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years of progressively complex loan servicing and/or processing experience required.
• Prior experience performing quality control on consumer, mortgage and/or commercial loans desired. Prior mortgage loan processing experience preferred.
• Prior experience with escrow accounting and loan processing/servicing required.
• Demonstrated understanding of loan compliance regulations, loan documentation guidelines and Association loan policy and procedure. Must remain current with all lending related regulatory changes.
• Demonstrates aptitude and ability to quickly learn new software & equipment.
• Excellent computer skills, including ability to type by touch and numbers by touch in an accurate manner. Ability to operate various office equipment including but not limited to printers, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, multi-line telephone, copy/scanner machine, etc.
• Advanced level understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Proficient in or the ability to quickly learn and use Outlook, company core and associated lending systems.
• Effective level of understanding core system reporting software and ability to create moderate to complex reports.
• Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to maintain highly confidential information.
• Effective interpersonal skills to relate to a variety of managers, executives, directors, customers, and peer employees; public relations skills; tact, diplomacy, and patience.
• Ability to use good judgment and make appropriate decisions within scope of authority.
• State of Oregon Notary certification required. (Must be obtained within 90-days of placement)
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and with a variety of employees, managers, executives, etc. Ability to work effectively under time constraints with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes.
• Licensing Requirements: Employees that: (1) take residential mortgage loan applications and (2) offer or negotiate terms of a residential mortgage loan will be required to: 1) register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry and complete a MU4R filing notice, 2) to provide fingerprints and 3) to authorize a criminal background screen through the Registry in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act). First Federal will facilitate the individual registration and pay all applicable registration fees.
Pre-Employment Requirements: The position for which you are applying is one that will have access to confidential customer financial information. As a result the following pre-employment screens are required.
• Pre-employment drug screen - including Marijuana • Consumer credit report
First Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce. First Federal is an E-Verify Employer. Please contact Human Resources at 503-435-3216 should you need assistance completing the application for employment.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent Benefit Package, including: Employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life @ 2 x annual salary/ADD/LTD for employee only coverage, Dependent coverage available at employee expense, accrued vacation and sick leave, paid volunteer time, EAP, Voluntary Life, Legal and AFLAC programs, paid federal holidays, 401(k) retirement plan participation after 90-days and generous employer 401(k) match the first of the month following 90-days of service.
Internal Number: 20-09
About First Federal
First Federal has been operating in Yamhill County since 1922 and was founded to provide a secure, locally-owned financial institution for Yamhill County residents. Since our founding we have grown to over 490 million dollars in assets and we currently operate 6 full service branches, 2 limited service retirement center branches and a loan center.
As a federally chartered mutual savings and Loan, First Federal is "owned" by all of our customers...savers and borrowers...rather than stockholders.
We support our local communities, earning the 2019 Portland Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award - the 10th year in a row. First Federal's 90 employees provided 3,531 hours of community volunteer time in 2019. We care about our Community!