Does the opportunity to work in a cool, creative and mission-driven organization sound exciting to you? If so, read on!
Metropolitan Group is looking for a Senior Associate with expertise or experience with Native tribes and cultures to join our team. We're looking for someone who is detail-oriented, has strong writing and research skills, has experience working with diverse and indigenous communities, and thrives when working on and balancing multiple projects at one time.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment and have a background in social change and advocacy, have a peek at the full position description and apply. Please refer to the position description for full application instructions. The position will remain open until filled.
• At least four years of experience in strategic communication (any combination of storytelling, public will building and social marketing, media and public relations, issue framing and message development), community engagement, coalition building, policy, public affairs, etc. This requirement may also be met by experience that includes strategic communication and a combination of organizational development and multicultural communication/ engagement.
• Commitment to social justice and experience with social change and advocacy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Expertise or familiarity with Native tribes and cultures and experience working with urban and reservation Native American populations, including working with a tribe, board or other culturally-specific organization).
• Significant understanding of Native American history, the diversity of Native and indigenous communities, tribal sovereignty and issues specific to Native peoples.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated and consistent project and budget management experience.
• Available to travel, as needed (less than 20 percent of time).
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Bi-lingual or fluency in other language(s) is preferred but not required.
• Must be authorized to accept employment in the United States.
About Metropolitan Group
Metropolitan Group brings more than 30 years of helping the world’s
change agents create social impact. We are a full-service, strategic
and creative agency that builds the power of voice and resources of
the people, organizations and communities that drive social change.
Since 1989, we’ve worked exclusively on behalf of social purpose,
mission-driven organizations—some of the world’s leading nonprofits,
foundations, public agencies and socially responsible businesses.
Recent examples of our work include collaborating on Reclaiming
Native Truth, the largest public opinion research and strategy-setting
project ever conducted by and for Native peoples to change the
dominant narrative. We helped launch the Native Quit Line in Oregon,
designing a custom campaign for commercial tobacco prevention
and cessation in collaboration with nine federally recognized tribes
and three Native-led organizations. We launched a campaign during
the World Cup in Mexico, encouraging Mexicans to demand that
corruption and impunity be addressed. We built leadership in and
capacity of small- and mid-size LGBTQIA+ organizations via a national
training program. And we advocated for health e...quity by advancing
access to reproductive health and community-driven solutions for every
child to grow up at a healthy weight. To learn more about the work we
do, please visit our website.
We are a certified B Corp and have been recognized by the
independent non-profit B Lab as being one of the top 10 percent of
companies worldwide for social impact and an equitable workplace.
Metropolitan Group has offices in Portland, Oregon, Chicago, San
Francisco and Washington, D.C., and a sister company, Impacto Social
Metropolitan Group, in Mexico City, Mexico.
We offer a range of services within integrated practices:
• Strategic Communication: stakeholder-engaged research, public
will building, social marketing campaigns and impact branding.
• Multicultural Engagement: customized strategies and tools
designed with cultural context, language nuance and literacy levels,
co-created in communities most impacted by the issues addressed.
• Organizational Strategy and Innovation: strategic planning,
change management, experience design and organizational
For more information visit metgroup.com.