1. In cooperation with the CFO, CEO, Corporate staff, Medical Staff, Departmental Directors and Managers, ensures supports the highest quality of service is being provided to patients and the community.
2. In consultation with the CEO, CFO, Corporate staff, members of the Medical Staff and Hospital Directors assists in developing the Hospitalï¿½s operating and capital budgets.
3. Operating budget is developed, reviewed and implemented.
4. Assists CFO in the management of the Hospitals financial resources.
5. Maintains departmental reports, records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
6. All department records, reports and files are maintained as directed.
7. Supervises Finance Departmentï¿½s systems and provides supervision for payroll, general accounting and accounts payable.
8. Payroll and accounts payable processes, including federal and state reports (quarterly, year-end, W-2ï¿½s, 1099ï¿½s and annual reports) are reviewed as necessary.
9. Maintains compliance with regulations governing hospitals, the rules of accrediting agencies and Tenet Health policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrates appropriate initiative, judgment and accountability.
11. Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements, comparative reports, and monthly account reconciliations and variance reports, as necessary.
12. Monitors transmittal of financial data to Tenet Health for timeliness and accuracy.
13. All required reports are prepared as directed in a timely manner
14. Contractual write offs and bad debt are calculated per Tenet Health policies and procedures.
15. A process fixed assets monthly and reconciles information quarterly and on an annual basis.
16. Fixed assets are processed, reconciled and deleted accurately.
17. Supervises the preparation of the Hospitalï¿½s financial statements and the year-end reconciliation for audit purposes.
18. Plans, coordinates, and prepares for year-end and interim audits per Tenet practices. Ensures that the Hospitalï¿½s assets and liabilities are properly accounted for and reconciled. Record systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards as well as Tenet policies and procedures.
19. Coordinates Cost Report data and statistics accumulation necessary for the completion of the report in a timely manner, meeting deadlines and coordinating efforts with the cost report preparer.
20. Reviews Business Office CCC logs.
21. Ensures that Business Office/Conifer functions are completed accurately and according to policy.
22. Monitors cash flow on a daily basis and oversees all bank reconciliations and wire transfers.
23. Assists the CFO in the establishment, evaluation and direction of appropriate management and financial control procedures for the Hospital.
? Bachelorï¿½s Degree in Accounting or related field
? 3-5 years in Hospital Finance and 1 year in a managerial position.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005006294
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.