This is an academic year Tenure-track position with open rank commensurate with qualifications.
In addition to teaching, duties for this academic year position include student advisement, scholarly achievement and committee service for the Master of Social Work Program, the College of Health, Human Services, and Nursing, the University, and, as appropriate, external communities.
Master of Social Work degree (MSW) from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program
A minimum of two years post-master's professional social work practice experience
Classroom teaching experience
A demonstrated commitment to social justice
Social work practice experience working with diverse populations
Experience in teaching and working with colleagues from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
Preferred /Desired Qualifications
Doctorate in social work or an allied profession by the date of appointment
A clearly defined and active research agenda that includes vulnerable populations with evidence of success in academic publications, including plans to apply for and receive competitive grant funding
Social work experience in community level practice
Record of effective classroom teaching at the university level
Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Critical Race Theory in teaching and scholarly activities
Potential for excellence in teaching through the use of creative/innovative pedagogies, including knowledge of and experience with teaching technologies
Proven experience supervising student research and contributing to curricular development and accreditation requirements
Employment Requirement – Background Check
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Internal Number: 3656
About California State University Dominguez Hills
CSU Dominguez Hills
On April 29, 1960, Gov. Edmund G. “Pat” Brown Sr. signed a bill into law authorizing the formation of a state college to serve the growing southwestern region of Los Angeles County. From its humble beginnings in a bank building in Rolling Hills Estates, CSU Dominguez Hills has evolved into a thriving and nationally recognized comprehensive university, providing an innovative liberal arts education to a diverse student body.
For more information see: https://www.csudh.edu/campus-history/
CSU Dominguez Hills provides education, scholarship and service that are, by design, accessible and transformative. We welcome students who seek academic achievement, personal fulfillment, and preparation for the work of today and tomorrow.
A vital educational and economic resource for the South Bay, CSU Dominguez Hills will be recognized as a top-performing Comprehensive Model Urban University in America. We will be known as a campus community and gathering place where:
• Diversity in all its forms is explored, understood, and transformed into knowledge and practice that benefits the world.
• Technology is embraced and leveraged to tran...scend educational boundaries as we reach out to students, both locally and globally.
• Sustainable environmental, social and economic practices are a way of life.
• Students from our community who aspire to complete a college degree are provided the pathway and guidance to succeed.
• Faculty and staff across the University are engaged in serving the dynamic needs of the surrounding communities.
• Student life is meaningful and vibrant.
• Our accomplishments and those of our alumni are recognized nationally and internationally.
• Ultimately, our students graduate with an exemplary academic education, a highly respected degree, and a genuine commitment to justice and social responsibility.