Provides technical computer support for all operating systems to faculty, students and staff.
Coordinates the activities of the help desk and maintains a log of requests for assistance.,
Provides technical support to college students and faculty; refers the more complex questions to the appropriate user support specialist.,
Assists in training Help Desk assistants and provides guidance and technical work direction as needed.,
May write help desk documentation and assist in conducting technical workshops.,
Compiles suggestions, comments and questions from users.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.,
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
This position is housed in the C.T. Bauer College of Business.
Work Schedule: 9AM-6PM
* Provide Customer Support to Bauer users in person, by phone and email
* Follow Client Services 1st level procedures by answering phones, maintaining and creating Web Help Desk Tickets
* Strong Customer Service, Communication and Organizational Skills
* Maintain loaner equipment: Classrooms, microphones, mobile lab laptops and go speak system
* Basic troubleshooting of hardware/software by phone
* Basic software installs
* Basic remote support
* Password Reset
Other Backup Duties:
* Ordering/Purchasing materials
* Approval/Adjust Lab time sheets
* Lab Support
* Assist with Lab Scheduling
* Assist with Bauer IT inventory
The ideal candidate for this position:
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and a very high degree of customer service ethic.
* Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with faculty, students and staff.
Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachment
Internal Number: STA005744
About University of Houston
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston. Each year, we educate more than 40,750 students in more than 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. UH awards more than 8,000 degrees annually, with more than 200,000 alumni. UH is a Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university.