The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Pennâ™s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Admissions Coordinator, Wharton MBA for Executives, San Francisco
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Serves as administrative concierge for all executive level applicants via phone, email, and in-person. First and continuous contact with prospective students. Often first interaction with public.
This position is located in San Francisco.
Schedules and confirms all interviews for the MBA for Executives Program. Supports admissions process to ensure efficient and accurate application processing. Supports directors and admissions committee. Maintains relationships with full-time MBA admissions operations staff and with MBA Exec admissions team in Philadelphia. Consults prospective students and their sponsors on elements of application processes. Organizes and manages events, hires and supervises outside vendors and venue for high level executives, prospective students, current students, alumni, and corporate sponsors for the MBA for Executives Program. Â
- HS degree andÂ 4 - 6 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Â
- Outstanding communication skills, including writing, editing and organizational skills are essential to the position and previous administrative experience is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will often be the first point of contact for phone inquiries, walk-ins and on e-mail correspondence and should have a welcoming tone in all contact.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must have experience with event planning.
- Experience with customer relationship management applications (CRMs), and application systems preferred, (Salesforce and CollegeNet systems experience a plus).
- Should have strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a professional demeanor is necessary to interact with executive applicants and have a very professional telephone presence. Must work well with others and be willing to pitch in as needed in small office environment.
- This position must work closely and collaboratively across coasts.
- Occasional Saturday and evening availability required during peak admissions season or for events.
Job Location - City, State
San Francisco, California
Department / School
$23.60 - $42.48
Affirmative Action Statement Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Internal Number: JR00014728
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn has a long and proud tradition of intellectual rigor and pursuit of innovative knowledge, begun by Benjamin Franklin in 1740. That tradition lives today through the creativity, entrepreneurship, and engagement of our faculty, students, and staff. Academic life at Penn is unparalleled, with an undergraduate student body of 10,000 from every U.S. state and around the world. The entering class of 2015 is the most talented and diverse in Penn's history. Consistently ranked among the top 10 universities in the country, Penn welcomes an additional 10,000 students to our top-ranked graduate and professional schools.