Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Division of Genetics and Metabolism is seeking a Medical Geneticist to join our growing program.
The Genetics and Metabolism Department at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, the only one of its kind in the State of Arizona, offers comprehensive and compassionate evaluation, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services for children and families with known or suspected genetic conditions. Our services include prenatal genetic counseling, genetic counseling for diagnosed syndromes, medical genetics team evaluations, and genetic diagnostic laboratory testing.
Developmental opportunities exist for expansion in the Fetal Care Program. We also participate in multi-specialty care teams, including the 22q clinic, skeletal dysplasia clinic, sickle cell, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and myelomeningocele. The clinic is a Lysosomal Disease Treatment Center and serves as the medical consultants for the Arizona State Newborn Screening Program, the only one its kind in the State of Arizona.
Our Genetics staff includes 5 physicians, 1 Nurse Practitioner, 5 Genetic Counselors, 2 Dietitians with additional support staff. The clinical activities includes 2400 ambulatory visits and 400 inpatient consultations.
The candidate will have:
Board Certified/ Board Eligible in clinical genetics
Interest in Metabolism and/or Fetal Care a plus
Phoenix Children’s Hospital offers:
Competitive salary with incentives
Paid Malpractice and CME
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV with cover letter, to our leadership.
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s only nationally ranked children’s hospital and has grown to become one of the leading pediatric health care systems in the country. Every day our clinical, professional and support staff work collaboratively to deliver on our mission to provide hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families. We embrace the challenges of providing compassionate, high-quality, family-centered care to the most complex patients in the region.
With a medical staff of nearly 1,000 specialists, Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, and the most comprehensive children's care facility in the state. We provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care across more than 75 subspecialties.
We provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families.
Phoenix Children's will be the premier regional pediatric center in the Southwest, nationally recognized as one of the best for pediatric care, innovative research and medical education. We will:
- Offer the most comprehensive pediatric care services in the Southwest, providing a full range of servi...ces solely dedicated to children.
- Be recognized for innovative research supported by leading clinical trials of new treatment and diagnostic methods.
- Be recognized for providing advanced education and training for clinical providers.
- Be known as an effective advocate for Arizona’s children.
- Family-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first, and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaboration within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that sets the standard for pediatric healthcare today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best services in the most cost-effective way