Responsible for analysis, selection, negotiation, administration and coordination of Ross’ new store Real Estate program, and/or the relocation, replacement, expansion and surplus store programs as assigned by the Executive Vice President Property Development, Group Senior Vice President of Real Estate, Group Vice President of Real Estate, and Group Regional Vice President of Real Estate. Act as the primary Ross representative in dealings with landlords for assigned projects/locations.
• Negotiate based on the established business points for sites approved by the company. Negotiate lease renewals, store expansions, waivers, modifications and surplus store space available for sublease as assigned.
• Travel to required market areas to visually inspect and evaluate proposed sites, existing stores and competitors within the trade area.
• Analyze, evaluate and investigate multi market store site locations including traveling to markets (availability, property value, access, zoning, development obstacles, timing, etc.)
• Identify legal documents needed to finalize lease or sublease properties within the assigned geographic territory for execution.
• Responsible for identifying and gathering information and documents from with internal colleagues, outside Brokers, District Managers and Executive Vice President of Property Development, Group Senior Vice President, Group Vice Presidents, Regional Vice President to analyze and define existing and targeted trade areas.
• Analyze / evaluate research provided by Real Estate analyst in securing information required for new store site submittal packets and package for the Real Estate Committee.
• Analyze research and provide evaluation of pertinent data related to trade areas and specific sites (i.e., population, incomes, white-collar percentages, visibility, competition, co-tenancy, population growth trends and sales potential).
• Make recommendations and presentations to Executive Vice President of Property Developement, Group Senior Vice President, Group Vice President and Regional Vice President; signed deal letters, potential store sites, renewal options, store expansions, landlord disputes and other matters affecting existing or proposed locations.
• Negotiate with brokers, developers, attorneys, property owners and landlords for the best overall deal, including the most favorable position/presence within the center for each site consistent with the company’s goals and standards.
• Responsible for the smooth flow of communication and plans between Landlord and Ross for each project, with includes communication to Store Planning and Construction Department.
• Summary of other job duties:
Participate in International Council of Shopping Centers and other Real Estate seminars or forums that are geared toward Commercial Retail Real Estate
Assist the Executive Vice President of Property Development, Group Senior Vice President, Group Vice President and Regional Vice President of Real Estate on a continual basis, and when requested.
Participate / assist in preparation and review of development planning for geographical area of responsibility on an annual basis and be able to present territory to executive staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Experience in Real Estate related functions with at least 5-7 years in Retail Real Estate.
• Must have excellent organizational, analytical, written and communicative skills.
• Must have excellent supervisory skills to ensure work gets done effectively and timely.