The ER at Sky Ridge Medical Center is committed to delivering Lone Tree and south metro Denver with fast, high-quality care, 24 hours a day. Our team of specialists will provide you with compassionate, expert care before, during and after your emergency.
Level II Trauma Center in Lone Tree, CO
Our Level II Trauma Center is conveniently located at I-25 and Lincoln and is open 24/7. Our board certified emergency physicians, physician assistants, pediatricians and nurses are specially trained in advanced life support and emergency treatment. We work in partnership with paramedics and first responders to ensure seamless care is provided to every patient. We have dedicated teams prepared to initiate immediate and advanced care for:
Intensivist coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Spine surgery expertise – in fact, Sky Ridge performs more spine surgeries than any other hospital in CO
Rapid access to specialists for orthopedic emergencies
State-of-the art diagnostic equipment
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Performs direct patient care: * Participates in providing direct care as directed, according to standards, and charts appropriately * Can work with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds * Communicates all findings in the correct/concise/clear written and or verbal format * Can recognize abnormal findings ie VS, skin changes, I&O, etc. and report findings to the nurse * Can recognize and respond appropriately in an emergency situation
* Can transport stable patients
* Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age-specific needs * Performs hourly rounding in conjunction with RN addressing: Pain, Potty, Position, and Personal needs
2. Performs indirect patient care: * Can perform skills to support direct care * Can adjust to a rapidly changing work environment * Can maintain a clean, well-organized and adequately stocked patient care area * Maintains equipment in good working order * Submits requests for repair appropriately * Can input physician orders * Can operate the patient call system * Answers and transfers phone calls. Break down and/or copies charts/forms as needed
3. Participates in the plan of care. * Is familiar with the plan of care. * Can follow instructions for the care performed. * Communicates to the registered nurse any data appropriate to the plan of care.
4. Technical skills. (as required by facility/unit/dept.) * Demonstrates proficiency in basic cardiac monitor interpretation, and reports abnormalities immediately to nursing staff.
5. Maintains current professional knowledge and skills in accordance with established methods of the department. * Attends 75% of staff meetings. * Attends 100% of mandatory meetings and in-services.
Prefer at least one experience in an acute care hospital setting and specific experience in the clinical services provided by the unit.
Licenses and Certificates: Required:
American Heart Association BLS certification
Certified Nurses’ Assistant certification
High school or GED
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.