The Infusion Center Nurse (ICN) is responsible for providing safe and competent infusion therapy including initiation and maintainance of intravenous lines and administration of medication and fluids. The ICN works with physicians and other healthcare team members to ensure the quality of care for the patient. The ICN integrates technical skills, scientific knowledge, and compassionate attitude to aid those living with chronic illness, including their families (starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivorship to end-of-life care).
1. Education/Licensure/Specialized Training:
a. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensed to practice professional nursing in Texas.
Relevant specialty certification required within two years of employment.
2. Work Experience: Three (3) years of nursing experience in related specialty area.
3. Equipment Operated: Office equipment related to job duties.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Bilingual Skills Preferred Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
Others: Customer service focused/oriented, superior nursing process skills, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, pleasant telephone voice, ability to answer incoming calls and keep encounter patient/client-focused; uses excellent hearing and listening skills to receive detailed information; works well as a team member; effective with minimum supervision.
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Medical Terms, Mathematics, PC, Research
3. Advanced Education: Advance Training Specialty: Related specialty certification within two (2) years of employment
Bachelor?s Degree Major: Nursing/BSN preferred
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Flexible
5. Other Requirements: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Harris Health system Software, clinical care guidelines, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Demonstrates proficiency in crisis intervention, teaching/coaching, disease management, and diagnostic/monitoring.
Internal Number: 148252
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.