Join the University of North Texas System Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to our component institutions and System Administration. It's an exciting time in the UNT System, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a HR Coordinator II-- Compensation & Performance Management Analyst to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
The University of North Texas System (UNT System or UNTS) includes the University of North Texas in Denton (UNT), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) in Fort Worth and the University of North Texas at Dallas (UNTD). The UNT System Administration is based in Downtown Dallas. The UNT System also provides high-quality, innovative, and affordable legal education in downtown Dallas at the UNT Dallas College of Law. The three independent universities of the UNT System have combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students across five major teaching locations, including each main campus, as well as Frisco and Downtown Dallas. The UNT System has a $1.2 billion annual consolidated budget, employs roughly 10,000 people at its various locations within the robust North Texas Region and boosts the Texas economy by nearly $5.2 billion each year.
UNT System component institutions, responding to demand in the region and the state, are among Texas's fastest growing institutions of higher education. In Fall 2017, nearly 44,000 students enrolled at UNT System institutions.
The Compensation & Performance Management Analyst provides direct technical support in the administration of the UNT System institution compensation and performance management policies and procedures. The incumbent in this position works with a variety of stakeholders across UNT System to resolve basic compensation and performance evaluation issues. This position is customer facing and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This role will provide support to System Administration and the campuses and provide guidance and advice on standard issues. This position reports to the Director Compensation & Performance Management and receives direction from the Sr. Compensation & Performance Management Analyst. This is a professional role responsible for supporting compensation and performance management strategy within the UNT System and its constituent institutions.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provides detailed information, guidance and support on standard compensation, classification and performance management issues involving the interpretation and application of related policies, guidelines, and procedures.
* Collects data and ensures data integrity for compensation surveys, job analysis, and job evaluation.
* Performs classifications/reclassifications, market, and internal equity reviews.
* Assists in the planning, coordination, administration, and reporting of merit and supplemental compensation programs.
* Writes job descriptions to accurately describe job content and qualifications.
* Analyzes staff positions to determine FLSA classification and salary grade.
* Supports the design and implementation of compensation, classification and performance management policies, procedures, and programs by defining and analyzing requirements.
* Works to integrate functional and technical requirements for special projects or process improvements.
* Provides input and feedback that enhances the delivery of existing programs including research on best practices.
* Assists in the preparation and facilitation of training.
* Maintains and enhances performance management tools and related processes, including execution of electronic performance management processes and data management.
* Monitors, processes and responds to compensation requests received from constituents.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field; and a minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to compensation, classification and and pay equity.
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
* Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
* Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: 155738
About University of North Texas System
The University of North Texas System includes the University of North Texas in
Denton, the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth and the
University of North Texas at Dallas. The UNT System is the only public university
system headquartered in Dallas-Fort Worth – the fourth-largest metropolitan area
in the United States. The UNT System is dedicated to serving our students and this
diverse region through a wide offering of degree plans and research initiatives. With
combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students, the UNT System awards more than
9,000 degrees each year – including the largest number of master’s and doctoral
degrees in the DFW region. The UNT System has an annual budget of $1 billion and
boosts the Texas economy by $5.2 billion each year.