• Occupational Therapists are dynamic, fun, patient focused professionals who use their knowledge, skills and energy to carry out the sacred task of helping others to improve their ability to function – thereby bettering lives.
• As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody SJRMC's values. These values are our culture, our identity as an organization. Sacred Trust, Personal Reverence, Thoughtful Anticipation, Team Accountability and Creative Vitality ask more of us than merely completing some list of tasks. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
• Current NM O.T. License
• Sufficient previous experience to perform duties
• Physical demands : refer to Rehab department description physical demands
• BLS CPR
• If Therapist’s routine work schedule is 50% or greater at SJRRH, then current FIM Scoring Competency is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interpretation of referrals & orders to check for appropriateness, indications and contraindications
o Are performed & documented in timely manner , may include but are not limited to:
Medical diagnosis, medical history, objective physical/cognitive findings, measurable / functional/behavioral based patient goals, treatment plan ,discharge plan, education and communication as indicated.
• Determination of which tasks require the expertise and decision making capacity of the occupational therapist and must be personally rendered by the occupational therapist and which tasks may be delegated to other (family, nursing, rehab tech etc.)
• Delegation and instruction of the services to be rendered by the occupational therapy assistant or other supportive personnel, including but not limited to specific treatment program with patient goals/ plan, precautions, special problems or contraindicated procedures..
• Education and instruction as indicated, including , but not limited to: patient, family, other staff, follow up facilities.
• Transportation of patients as needed.
• Maintain, gather, clean ,set up all equipment per facility policies
• Daily record Keeping, including (but not limited to) evaluations, daily treatment notes, discharge notes and daily charges, all communication/education provided (per facility / department policy)
• Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service Standards into their daily work.
Safety Courtesy Effectiveness Stewardship
• Performing Rehab Department and Facility tasks, as requested of manager, such as: CMS / Quality Data / IRF-PAI, Pre-Admission or other duties as assigned
Additional Salary Information: Will include a $5000 Sign on Bonus for full time employment, signing a 2 year commitment to hospital and $2,500.00 for half time and a 1 year commitment.
About San Juan Regional Medical Center
Located in the beautiful San Juan River Valley in Northwest New Mexico, San Juan Regional Medical Center is a 194 bed, level III trauma center including state-of-the-art operating suites and 72 private patient rooms with fresh air balconies. As a non-profit, community owned hospital, San Juan Regional Medical Center serves the Four Corners area of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah. The SJRMC network includes an 18 bed rehabilitation hospital, San Juan Health Partners specialty clinics, heart center, outpatient rehabilitation care , outpatient diagnostic services, wound treatment center, AirCare emergency service, a free standing cancer center, San Juan Regional Spine Center, and San Juan Regional Heart Center.