The Franklin-McKinley School District will ensure all 8th-grade student graduates have the skills and knowledge to be ready for a college preparatory curriculum in high school. They all will have the ability to pursue a program preparing them for university and/or careers and lifelong learning.
Franklin-McKinley School District is a community of learners who are committed to equitable outcomes for all students and who facilitate opportunities for all students to have high aspirations and gain the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to thrive in a global society.
1. We believe children learn in different ways and deserve learning pathways that support their individual learning needs.
2. We believe all children deserve a well-rounded education to become lifelong learners.
3. We believe it is important to work with families and support their efforts to encourage the value of education and what their students need to succeed.
4. We impact lives by supporting adults and children to become powerful thinkers, able to analyze, create, and think critically and influence their own lives, the lives of others, and the global society.
5. We believe learners flourish in a nurturing, safe, and challenging environment.