Would you like to be part of an organization that is committed to delivering the highest quality of medical care to our patients? Do you have a passion for using your clinical competencies in a state-of-the-art laboratory environment? Then please apply for this exciting full-time opportunity. We would be happy to hear from you!
We offer the most appropriate and current diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in an honest, encouraging, supportive and compassionate manner. You can look forward to collaborating with a dedicated team of highly skilled professionals whose main goal is patient happiness.
As our next Medical Lab Assistant, you will coordinate all daily functions for the laboratory inclusive of but not limited to phlebotomy accessioning, processing, and analyzing specimens under the supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) to ensure quality patient care. You will also operate clinical lab instruments utilized for testing, performs required daily preventative maintenance and quality control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Such duties include but are not limited to:
1. Perform accurate analysis of laboratory specimens, demonstrating a moderate degree of proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures and demonstrate competency to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis.
2. Participate in solution of technical problems requiring great degree of independent judgment.
3. Ensures compliance with the State of California and Federal licensing/accrediting standards (CLIA), including but not limited to safety, CPR, infection control, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, and patient care.
1. Demonstrates applied knowledge when caring for selected patient populations including care appropriate to the age of patient served.
2. Performs specimen analysis under supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
3. Completes daily department QC and preventative maintenance.
4. Handles reagents and coordinates department supplies as needed.
5. Maintains records of reports and department statistics for analyzers.
6. Maintains efficient flow of work throughout the practice by evaluating procedures and volume of work required at various periods of time throughout the day.
7. Demonstrates responsibility, accountability and professionalism in the following:
a. Attendance, punctuality and confidentiality.
b. Positive public relation image and working relationships.
c. Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence.
d. Completing all mandatory requirements, including infection control and safety seminars or manual reviews.
8. Responsible for inventory of supplies and equipment, restocking of supplies and reagents.
9. Maintain appropriate records of laboratory activities such as packing slips for lab supplies, quality control data, quality assurance and maintenance records.
10. Participate in educational workshops, meetings, and seminars.
11. Review and adhere to department policies or procedures to maintain proficiency in operating guidelines.
12. Assist co-workers in completion of daily tasks or special projects to support the department's efficiency.
13. Seek guidance and direction, as necessary, for the successful completion of job duties; ask appropriate questions when in doubt.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.