The Security Specialist II provides technical expertise for the successful design and implementation of security solutions that support the information security strategies of the System. Designs and plans the implementation, optimization and operation of security solutions and investigates methods to improve efficiencies. The essential duties of the Security Specialist II includes the following:
- Experience with Splunk
- Works with management to determine information security needs and implements effective enterprise-wide security strategies.
- Designs complex security solutions to minimize the security risks to applications, information and resources across the company.
- Coordinates with vendors/departments to procure hardware, software and services and obtain their assistance to achieve timely completion of projects.
- Manages information security solutions to ensure effective use of the installed technology. Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies and enhances security solution performance.
- Provides strategic planning and technical support to determine information security needs throughout the company. Evaluates, tests, recommends, and implements specific information security solutions.
- Creates technical solution documentation and performs analysis for use in systemï¿½s growth and planning needs.
- The ideal Security Specialist II candidate will have the ability to work well in team environments and be self-motivated to identify and resolve issues.
Location/Facility ï¿½ Temple Town Center, Temple TX
Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Information Technology
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
8 years of experience
Internal Number: 19006264
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!