Texas Health Euless Bedford seeks to hire a Care Transition Manager Registered Nurse to work PRN (As Needed).
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway; Bedford TX 76022
Salary range is Min. $35.48/hr. to Max. $49.18/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 8AM-5:00PM (Mon-Fri), PRN (As Needed), with flexibility to work weekends and holidays as required.
The essential job duties of this position are: • Actively participates in Daily Patient Care Briefings and identifies patients appropriate for transition needs intervention. • Reviews Texas Health Readmission Indicator List (THRIL) scores daily for all assigned patients. Collaborates with
interdisciplinary team to identify high risk patients whose RRP score may not have indicated appropriately. • Ensures all assigned patients have an identified Primary Care Physician (PCP). If PCP not identified, exhaust all efforts in an
attempt to assign. • Completes Transition Evaluation on all identified patients within 24 hours of referral documents appropriately. • Interviews/Assesses patients / caregivers as part of transition evaluation and as needed. • Identifies transition needs (including medications), develops transition plan within 24 hours of referral, and discusses funding
of post transition care with patients / caregivers documents appropriately.
• Validates transition plan with Interdisciplinary Team (Physician, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing, etc.). • Ensures transition plan and post acute management plan consistency across care settings. • Complies with all documentation requirements. Documents all activities in electronic health record. • Adheres to compliance requirements: Code 44 intervention, HINN letters, Second IMM, Observation letter, etc. • Has working knowledge of Advanced Directives, Living Will, Medical Power of Attorney, Mental Health Treatment Declaration, • Out-of Hospital Do Not Resuscitate • Order and Advanced Illness Planning • Participates in Joint Commission readiness activities
Serves as a content expert on the following:
• Compliance with program expectations. • Mitigation activities with all clinical partners / payors as needed. • Compliance requirements: Code 44 intervention, HINN letters, Second IMM, Observation letter, etc. • Potential denials, avoidable days, alternate level of care days, etc. • Medical necessity criteria, patient status, and discharge criteria. • All clinical documentation • Clinical Review staff requirements and communications
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications • Current RN licensure upon hire Required • Bachelor's degree in Nursing required • Minimum 3 years clinical experience as staff nurse at an acute care hospital (required) • Minimum 2 years acute care hospital discharge planning/care management (preferred) • CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire Required And • ACM - Accredited Case Manager (upon hire preferred) Or • CCM - Certified Case Manager (upon hire preferred)
Skills • Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel) • Competency in medical necessity criteria preferred
• Customer service skills • Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making • Strong oral and written communication skills • Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication
• Strong skills in the preparation of clinically pertinent medical record documentation
• Critical thinking and analysis skills and conflict resolution skills
• Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekend and evening shift work as necessary • Psychosocial and crisis intervention skills • Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Preferred experience with electronic health record and automated case management systems.
• Individual must be self-directed and goal/outcomes/measurement driven
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor