1. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with Cedars-Sinai Clinical Departments you support. Serves as liaison between Physician Billing Services, Patients and Clinical Departments in the coordination of billing and reimbursement. Serves as a resource for information on billing feedback.
2. Make recommendations for improved operational processes so that billing information is received from client groups in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Utilizes computerized equipment to receive various medical reports.
4. Maintain current CPT and ICD-10 knowledge of assigned areas so that coding remains current.
5. May input some charges into Epic Billing and Accounts Receivable system.
6. Verifies some insurance eligibility Make appropriate adjustments to respective patient's accounts. When applicable, accept patient payments.
7. Works as a billing liaison between the patient and office.
8. Assists with identification and development of appropriate coding for new services and procedures provided by clinicians.
9. Identifies coding deficiencies with review of medical records and financial accounts and recommended corrective action to improve third-party reimbursement and minimize audit liability.
10. Coordinates the review of medical records and financial accounts with coding department and providers to maximize reimbursement for procedures performed.
11. Keeps apprised of rules and regulations affecting coding and reimbursement through appropriate Resources.
12. Attends meetings and participates in group problem solving.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.