JOB SUMMARY: The System Clinical Manager Acute care services is responsible for designing, implementing and managing the pharmacy clinical programs, clinical initiatives and services that promote optimal medication management as a world class pharmacy recognized of excellence. The incumbent will develop and implement policies, procedures, process guidelines, and protocols to ensure the provision of safe, effective and affordable pharmacotherapy for all patients in the hospital, ensuring compliance with clinical practice standards and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulatory standards. The incumbent will also serve as a role model for pharmacists, pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and technicians by adhering to the pharmacy Services, pharmacy service standards.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Doctor of Pharmacy Degree required + Pharmacy Residency + Master's Degree Required; Registered with Texas State Board of Pharmacy; If licensure by reciprocity or if new pharmacy graduate, must obtain Texas license within the first 90 days of employment
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 5 years total pharmacy experience; 2 years clinical pharmacy
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 3 years related pharmacy management experience preferred
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas) 1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical CRT Design Mathematics Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc
3. Advanced Education:
Advance Training Specialty: Accredited Residency required
Bachelor¿s Degree Major: Pharmacy
Master¿s Degree Major: MBA/MPH/MHA or related degree
Doctorate Major: Doctor of Pharmacy Required
4. Work Schedule: Flexible Travel On Call
5. Other Requirements: Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed
Internal Number: 146021
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.