The Supervisor Respiratory Therapy plans, organizes and supervises the activities of the Respiratory staff to ensure the quality care of the patients. The Supervisor Respiratory Therapy assists in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Provides day to day supervision to the respiratory staff to ensure Quality patient care is being delivered. Maintains responsibility for optimal staffing.
2. Projects staffing needs for the next shift by utilizing specific guidelines thereby maintaining appropriate staffing levels Provides performance feedback to the staff on a frequent basis that encourages positive change. Implements retention strategies.
3. Participates in behavioral interviews, annual evaluations and disciplinary process of employees.
4. Assists in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
5. Responsible for optimal utilization of supplies and equipment. Ensures repair and servicing of departmental equipment by biomedical services.
6. Coordinates and ensures rental equipment usage is appropriate.
7. Assists in meeting the educational and developmental needs of the respiratory department and its patients. Participates in the learning experience of new employees and students, serves as a preceptor.
8. Serves as a role model for other persons in the department by displaying a positive attitude, encouraging teamwork and promoting positive guest relations.
9. Performs patient care in response to workload and staffing shortages.
10. Contributes to continuous quality by identifying appropriate indicators for department quality improvement programs. Assists Manager or director in various corrective processes when problems are identified and investigated.
11. Assumes responsibility of operation of the department in absence of director/manager.
The ideal candidate has strong computer skills including: time and attendance, email, Microsoft office, and electronic medical record is able to balance multiple demands and respond to time constraints; and has a strong knowledge of respiratory therapy, disease processes, equipment and modalities.
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Associate's Degree or Graduate of an Accredited Program
2 years experience
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care
Internal Number: 19004252
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!