The Director of Pediatric Rehabilitation for Primary Children’s Hospital and Clinics, and Intermountain Healthcare, is the most senior leadership role in pediatric rehabilitation within our system. This role is accountable for leading all clinical, research, education, and administrative functions. Leadership for pediatric rehab spans the entire continuum from home, to schools, to outpatient clinics, to community partners, to quaternary pediatric care at the main hospital.
The scale and scope of pediatric rehab is large and geographically disbursed. There are ten primary sites of care spread across the state which see approximately 25,000 ambulatory visits per year, a CARF accredited inpatient rehab service and unit which serves 3,300 children per year, as well as a sophisticated audiology program spanning both outpatient and inpatient.
We are looking for a visionary leader and collaborator with a rich background in pediatric rehabilitation who is capable of growing and improving a world-class organization. Primary Children’s Hospital is consistently ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country according to US News.
Essential Job Duties
- Sets the strategic direction for Rehab services, including short and long-term objectives, goals, and success measures.
- Represents Rehab services to clinical and facility/regional leadership within the region. Represents the facility/region in system-wide committees and initiatives. Represents Intermountain to external education institutes, vendors, and may enter into contracts as appropriate.
- Works to achieve cost effective, quality, and customer directed Rehab services throughout the facility/region.
- Develops financial plans including operating budgets, capital budgets and meeting established budget objectives.
- Oversees the effective management of human resource programs and ensuring competent staff. Coaches and mentors Rehab leadership and direct reports. Assists with other challenging HR issues as needed.
- Builds a cohesive Rehab services leadership group and promotes engagement. Maintains good working relationships between Rehab services, other departments, hospital leadership, and physicians.
- Collaborates with therapy managers to establish short and long term marketing plans for each clinical program to ensure a competitive market position.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates various patient care programs based on strategic planning, identified need, administrative requests, and the changing health care environment. Reviews benchmark data and provide leadership in reaching or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees and supports the establishment of professional practice standards by collaborating with the appropriate facilities and departments to support the ideal patient and employee experience by bringing process and clinical expertise together with educational expertise to achieve continuous and measurable improvements.
- Enforces policies and procedures and adherence to regulatory requirements from Intermountain, accrediting entities, government agencies and other applicable regulating bodies. Proactively identifies best practices and regulation changes in the Rehab services field and implements needed changes into policies and processes.