The Resource/ Relief Nurse for the Friends of the University program will be a Registered Nurse, who will provide individualized care facilitation and system navigation for patients who carry a relationship of special constituency at OHSU.
This Resource RN will be required to assess situations quickly, execute a plan, and escalate to leadership as needed. This job also requires sharing the 24-hour, On-Call coverage with the 2 existing RN staff, which includes evenings and weekend coverage.
This RN will function as a care facilitation coordinator for patient care needs with patients associated with the Friends of the University program. This includes pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients requiring connections for care to OHSU encompassing routine to complex diagnoses. Patient care is provided for both in and out patients on a scheduled as well as emergent basis. 80% of the patients are cared for on an outpatient basis with the remaining 20% being in hospital patients.
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN\u2019s care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, practitioner, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role\u2122]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN\u2019s engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical Nurse exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm