Registered Nurse Maternal Nurse Navigator (RN) Cradle Club
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, where sophisticated, world class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, which offers 531 licensed beds and has been providing high quality, cost effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
Breast Diagnostic Center
Level III emergency department
ACR accredited imaging center
One on one therapy
Neuroscience and neurology
Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
Wound treatment center
Women's and Children's Center
Clear Lake, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is looking for a Nurse Navigator (RN) Cradle Club.
Under the supervision and direction of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, the Maternal Nurse Navigator functions as a member of the Women's Services team as an advocate and educator for patients from pre pregnancy or early pregnancy, through delivery and postpartum. The Maternal Nurse Navigator's primary function is to build a relationship with patients and providers, to coordinate a plan of care including prenatal education, pre registration, tours of the maternity unit, provision and/or enablement of support services within Women's Services. The Maternal Nurse Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high quality outcomes for each obstetrical patient including support for the mother and infant, before and after delivery.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establishing a relationship with patients and their significant other early in pregnancy, acting as a liaison between the patient and their provider and the hospital.
· Providing tours for patients, families and/or significant others pre delivery. Provides information on the service and amenities of Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
· Assists patient and family members in customizing a birth plan to meeting their individual cultural and spiritual preferences. Acts as a patient advocate.
· Demonstrates through behavior the organization's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Always, Respect and Excellence.
· Maintains working knowledge of Women's Services programs offered to pregnant patients and their families. Offering our resources, educating mothers about programs and assisting with scheduling classes through the Education department.
· Triages telephone calls and email communication, and provides requested information to potential customers in the community.
· Assists in development of patient education materials for the pre delivery experience.
· Supplies physician offices with materials as needed.
· Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient and family health history
· Provides patient education regarding admission to labor and delivery, care during labor and birth, normal care routines for baby at time of delivery, procedures to be completed prior to discharge.
· Providing patient with postpartum resources, such as postpartum depression, difficulties with breastfeeding and when to notify their provider.
· Coach and help patients to remove barriers with issues of insurance, transportation, child care, financial resources, language so they may focus on getting the care they need.
· Initiate referrals to hospital and community resources to connect patients with resources and support systems.
· Conduct follow up conversations as needed with all patients and communicate concerns, changes, or social needs in patient health to appropriate MD or other appropriate care providers.
· Conduct outreach to provider offices
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key internal and external customers (including e.g. physicians, midwifes, nurses, social services staff, business office staff, etc.).
· Recognize scope and limitations of role and regularly access clinical supervision as a support to the role.
· Stay current on the latest obstetric nursing developments and participate in conferences.
· Ensure service continuity.
· Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure service continuity during both planned and unplanned absence and undertake succession planning.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.