(North of Austin, TX Area- Round Rock, TX area-Georgetown, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Hutto, Pflugerville, Anderson Mill, Jollyville, Wells Branch) There are 3 Austin area postings please select the one covering the area most convenient to you. This is a temporary, part-time position of limited duration. Work will begin in early February 2019 and may extend to June 15, 2019 but could possibly end earlier. Minimal supervision, independent task/work and this position offers schedule flexibility; however, you must work at least 15 hours a week and it is estimated that 75% of the expected work will occur during normal business hours with the remaining 25% occurring after hours and weekends. Mandatory training will begin at the end of January 2019. This position is located in and work will take place in Austin, Texas.
The Interviewer will conduct in-person interviews with adults living with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Interviewers will schedule interviews over the phone, travel to selected participants and interview them in their home or other residential setting. Interviewers will attend mandatory interviewing and confidentially training, complete surveys and tracking forms, perform standard TAMU recordkeeping tasks, submit timesheets and mileage reports, communicate regularly with field supervisors via email and phone, and comply with data security and confidentiality protocols. This is a temporary, part-time position.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of experience working and/or caring for individuals with physical, intellectual, or developmental disabilities (as a professional or volunteer) or working and/or caring for the elderly.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Must have a valid driverâ™s license and provide proof of auto liability insurance upon job acceptance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Applicant is responsible for transportation to different locations to conduct participant interviews.
Knowledge of phones, computers, email, and internet.
Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelorâ™s degree in marketing, communications, social science, political science, public health or education.
Experience conducting interviews/surveys or collecting data from participants either over the phone or face to face.
Experience using Google Docs, PC environment and Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficiency with databases, data entry, email, Google Docs, spreadsheets, and tablets/laptops/miscellaneous electronic devices used for field work.Strong organization and recordkeeping skills.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a plus.
Salary: $15.00 / hr
Call to schedule interviews
Travel to interview participants
Conduct In-person interviews following project guidelines and protocols.
Maintain survey and project records (clerical work)
Communicate with supervisors. Other duties as requested
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
Internal Number: R-014968
About Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University is dedicated to the discovery, development, communication, and application of knowledge in a wide range of academic and professional fields. Its mission of providing the highest quality undergraduate and graduate programs is inseparable from its mission of developing new understandings through research and creativity. It prepares students to assume roles in leadership, responsibility, and service to society. Texas A&M assumes as its historic trust the maintenance of freedom of inquiry and an intellectual environment nurturing the human mind and spirit. It welcomes and seeks to serve persons of all racial, ethnic, and geographic groups, women and men alike, as it addresses the needs of an increasingly diverse population and a global economy. In the twenty-first century, Texas A&M University seeks to assume a place of preeminence among public universities while respecting its history and traditions.