CRISPR-based genetic analysis in mammalian cells
UCSF Mission Bay Campus
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
The Madhani group (madhanilab.ucsf.edu and @hitenmadhani) is recruiting highly motivated individuals with laboratory experience in molecular and cell biology for Junior/Assistant Specialist (research technician) position(s). The laboratory is in Genentech Hall at the UCSF Mission Bay Campus and specializes in studies of the regulation of gene expression in health and in disease. The laboratory is also affiliated with the Chan-Zuckerberg Biohub (czbiohub.org/investigators/); there will be opportunities to interface with investigators there. The hired individual will assist postdoctoral fellows in generation and will have use of next-generation CRISPR-based genetic tools to understand mechanisms of disease. Opportunities for independent projects will also be available. The position is well-suited for recent graduates with molecular and cell biology backgrounds who seek to receive training to better position themselves for opportunities for further training. A two-year commitment is required. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and training.
- B.S. in molecular and cellular biology or equivalent is required to be appointed at the Junior rank
- Master’s degree in molecular and cellular biology or equivalent of five years of research experience required to be appointed at the Assistant rank.
- A minimum of one year of laboratory experience in molecular and/or cell biology
- Experience with plasmid cloning and PCR.
- Requirements necessary at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated ability in molecular and cell biology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with the construction of Illumina libraries, tissue culture and flow cytometry
Please apply online via AP Recruit at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02316, with a CV and 2 references (contact information only).
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.