This is a FANTASTIC opportunity to be part of the ministries of Sky Ranch, continuing since 1955 to provide programs that enrich lives and build solid Christian character.
Who we are:
Now holding facilities in three states - Texas, Colorado and Oklahoma, Sky Ranch serves more than 70,000 individuals year-round! In following our foundation of excellence, Sky Ranch strives to provide ministry opportunities for the whole family, from children's summer programs, to SkyMoms ministry for mothers, family camps, school programs, retreat services, and more. Sky Ranch exists to provide people with positive, recreational, fun, and memorable experiences while being exposed to the truths of the Word of God.
What you'll get to do:
The Director of Development supports the vision and ministries of Sky Ranch by cultivating and maintaining a strong, mutually-beneficial relationship with individuals who support our ministries. The Director of Development is expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for Sky Ranch. This person will be responsible for creating a comprehensive development strategy that will maintain and grow the fundraising program at Sky Ranch. The Director will be well versed in the development database and help manage, maintain and create reports as well as making sure the office is using all the features needed to be successful. The Director will lead the department in developing strategies for the department annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Build development team for future
2. Launch formal Alumni Relations program
3. Accurate and timely communication with the CEO through required monthly updates, financial reports; yearly statistical data.
4. Develops strong relationships with and secures the trust and confidence of the development team, donors, board members, staff, influencers, community members, and others critical to individual and organizational fundraising efforts
5. Key leader in the development efforts for Sky Ranch. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Grow operational funding for Sky Ranch through charitable donations.
b. Keep Sky Ranch alumni, camper families, and donors aware of the mission, accomplishments, and needs of Sky Ranch.
c. Work collaboratively with Sky Ranch Board and staff in identifying, cultivating, and ministering to existing and new relationships.
d. Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle;
i. Initiate contacts with potential large gift donors
ii. Develop appropriate cultivation strategies with measurable results
iii. Move each potential donor in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
iv. Make solicitations when appropriate
v. Maintain stewardship contacts with donors, adhering to the highest ethical standards
6. Develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with the camp staff, leadership, and donor families.
7. Meet and exceed performance objectives and goals as determined and outlined in annual goal setting and performance evaluation process.
8. Prepare and edit letters, memos, and other correspondence accurately and timely.
9. Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
10.Perform other duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
About Sky Ranches, Inc
Sky Ranch is one of North America’s premiere Christian Camps, as well as a Recognized School Programs Provider, and Retreat/Conference Center. Sky Ranch exists to provide people with a positive, recreational, fun, and memorable experience, while being exposed to the truths of the Word of God.