The Donor Phlebotomist I screens donors, collects and processes quality units of blood following all regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with all established FDA regulations for the screening of blood and platelet donors
2. Able to collect satisfactory units from suitable blood donors
3. Accurately labels products and samples prior to and after collection
4. Appropriately packs and transports units and samples to the component processing laboratory
5. Demonstrates engagement with achieving department goals and continuous improvement
The ideal candidate has the knowledge and ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with regulations; has analytical and critical thinking abilities; has the ability to comprehend and communicate instructions; can multi-task; has the ability to use computers and related software applications; has knowledge of safety and infection control; standards and has the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Phlebotomy experience required
Valid TX Driver's License
Internal Number: 18017816
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!