· Creates, obtains, evaluates, coordinates and distributes 3-dimensional BIM models for use by business development,
preconstruction and operations.
· Support BIM Manager in communicating the benefits of and how to implement BIM to internal and external customers.
· Contribute and support BIM Manager in development of company-wide standards to facilitate VDC / BIM implementation
· Creation and management of common construction-related element library (cranes, hoist, scaffold, etc)
· Contribute and support BIM Manager in development of training program to share procedures, standards, lessons learned,
and “best practices”
· Project specific activities – Bridging role between preconstruction and construction phases relative to use of BIM processes
· Ability to transform 2D CAD documents into a 3D model with a working knowledge of 3D design software
· Perform and document model based quantity take-off
· Create model based schedule to communicate schedule and sequence of work
· Assist in creation and implementation of project-specific BIM Execution Plans
· Work with project teams to coordinate all building services to find best routing and avoid interferences with other building
systems. This includes providing clash prevention analyses and clash detection.
· Provide model management and technical guidance for all BIM-related task
· Support other project-specific goals through utilization of BIM processes
· Support for BIM operations for the entire project · Develop process to track and analyze BIM efforts on a project · Support field personnel through the pre-construction, construction and turn over / close processes. · Oversee administration of project BIM coordination process · Create and maintain BIM coordination schedule · Create and distribute clash detection reports along with follow up on open issues created by report. · Lead Weekly MEP Coordination Meetings · Maintain meeting minutes of weekly MEP Coordination Meetings · Perform Constructability/Design Reviews on MEP Systems · Perform informal BIM training, education and support to other construction personnel. · Monitor model adherence to project standards and established modeling protocols · Discover, evaluate, lead resolution of and track conflicts and issues with the coordination team. · Work with Subs, Field, Design Team and Owner to resolve RFI’s · Develop a working relationship directly with project teams and contractor teams · Advise project managers, project team, consultants and contractors with regard to BIM best practices · Promote increased integration between architecture, engineering and construction
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 2018-1100
About The PENTA Building Group
The PENTA Building Group is a nationally recognized general contractor with offices in Las Vegas, Reno, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Palm Desert. As a general contractor, construction manager and concrete subcontractor, the company partners with every member of the development, design, and construction team to build a variety of projects ranging in size and scope. The success and experience of PENTA spans a wide variety of market segments including hospitality/entertainment, gaming, education, health-care, Native American, retail/tenant improvements, commercial, industrial, public works, mining, and parking structures. PENTA is ranked annually among the top 400 national general contracting firms by Engineering News Record and is the recipient of countless project awards.