Associate Director of the Antibiome Center
Professional Researcher (Assistant/Associate/Full)
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Research Scientist to direct the Antibiome Center at UCSF (https://pharmchem.ucsf.edu/research/procell/antibodies). The Antibiome is committed to develop renewable antibody reagents at the proteome-wide scale for use as both research tools and bio-therapeutics to extracellular proteins in the fields of immunology and oncology and beyond. The individual would manage a group of highly capable research staff scientists that develop and implement technologies for high through-put production of protein antigens, phage display libraries, selection technologies, antibody characterization and engineering, cell based assays for functional analysis, informatics and robotics. The individual should have excellent communication and management skills as well as having hands on experience on all aspects of the group.
- PhD in relevant life sciences field
- Technically skilled in antibody-phage display, protein expression, antibody characterization and engineering, biophysical characterization, and cell-based assay development
- In-depth knowledge of cell surface proteins
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Management and mentoring experience of staff scientist
- Budgetary management skills
- Experienced in designing integrated robotic platforms including a proficiency in robotic scheduling software
- Experience with multiple protein expression systems including E. coli and mammalian cells
- Development and optimization of protein and antibody development pipelines
- Experience in the design and implementation of Laboratory Information Management Systems
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and training.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment of diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Applicants should submit a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae. Please apply online and submit these documents along with the contact information for at least two references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02091