1. Clinical Activities: Active clinical practice\u2014this may be one held currently or yet to be hired. There is a board-mandated clinical practice requirement for all NP faculty. In some cases, part-time clinical practice may be combined with part-time teaching to create a full-time job equivalent.
2. Scholarly Activities: Includes publications, presentations, quality improvement projects or other research activities
3. Education Activities: Teaching graduate nursing students in the Family Nurse Practitioner program and DNP programs. This includes teaching and leadership in program and curriculum development and advising and mentoring of students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include university service, committee membership, professional activities and other community service and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: Other responsibilities as assigned by the program director in furtherance of the university\u2019s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm