We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Medical Assistant will assist with high care needs related to 15 minute vitals, infusion reactions, care comfort measures and clinic needs related to assisting providers with clinic or procedures and infusion area needs related to assisting providers with paracentesis or thoracentesis, accurate record gathering with radiology or pathology and prior authorizations for a growing clinic.
Assist physicians and nurses with clinic preparations and patient documentation
to support patient centered care in an ambulatory practice setting as part of a collaborative team. Assist with procedures and provide skilled clinical tasks and laboratory procedures as delegated and supervised by a Healthcare Professional. This is a Multi-provider office.
Certified/Registered MA for front office duties to include answering phones and scheduling new patient appointments. Great phone etiquette and customer service skills.
· Assist with patient check in, exams, office procedures, and minor office surgeries including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical record. Administer injections and oral medications as ordered by physician or nurse. May participate in specimen collection.
· Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medications list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol. Document care provided per established guidelines. Document prescription refill requests per clinic guidelines. Provide patient education resources as instructed.
· Review clinical reports, referring physician records, and pre-visit test results. Address urgent issues and forward to physician or nurse.
· Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient's visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per department protocol.
· Schedule tests and procedures (including radiology, cardiology, and respiratory) utilizing the hospital and clinic computer systems. Review results with patient and physician as necessary.
· Obtain pre-authorization for referrals as required by individual insurance companies. Complete necessary paperwork. Assist with discharge process.
· High School diploma or equivelent.
· Relevant Medical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant (RMA/CMA) registration or certification must be obtained with 60 days of hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date, and current AHA BLS must be good through sixty days of hire. Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
IF APPLICABLE(if HM selects "yes" on requisition request): Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.