PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Scheduler Sr - Surgery Administration for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 163471
This position is responsible scheduling surgical procedures and/or procedures for multiple departments (e.g. Surgery, Imaging, Respiratory Therapy, GI, etc.) and preparing charts to ensure operational efficiency; facilitating physicians work schedules and daily staffing assignments for nurses and technologists within department as applicable; interfacing with nursing units, physician's offices and other hospitals; facilitating the efficient and smooth operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
1. Collects information related to scheduling procedures, efficiently and effectively enters case into various scheduling systems and coordinates the procedure time.
2. Creates and maintains daily schedule by arranging cases to ensure maximum effectiveness of physician and assistants by completing edits in a timely manner. Identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
3. Monitors cancellation of procedures and manages information into database.
4. May coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
5. May be responsible for gathering documentation and assembling patient surgical/procedural charts using standard configuration methodology.
6. Performs computer data entry into multiple computer-based applications and successfully retrieves patient documents. Communicate effectively with physician offices to ensure accurate scheduling and retrieval of chart documents.
5. Coordinates scheduling of resources and equipment to ensure both caregivers and equipment are in place for surgeries and/or procedures to maximize efficiencies in the providers schedules and streamline of patient flow.
6. Central point of communication for community referring physicians' offices, system patient financial services, and internal customers utilizing their services. Receives all incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordinating of patients and resources. Interface with nursing units, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate appointments and secure resources necessary for patient care on the date of service.
7. Supports patients and families in understanding the course of pre-operative preparations and testing.
8. Coordinates patient flow through the department.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Medical terminology preferred.
Business school, college level secretarial training or equivalent, with course work in office management, preferred.
Minimum of two years of general office/secretarial experience is preferred.
Scheduling and health records experience in a hospital or healthcare setting is preferred.
Good communication skills both oral and written.
Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone skills.
Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibly in and environment with multiple demands and time frames, and with minimal supervision.
Scheduling/staffing background strongly recommended in a healthcare environment. Effective skills in problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, organizing and disseminating information with previous demonstrated positive outcomes.
Must have a working knowledge of staffing office systems and customer service.
Proficient keyboarding and computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Knowledge of CareCast, Imagecast, Outlook, Word, Picis and Excel is preferred.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHOR – Surgical Services:
Experience in PICIS and Centricity preferred.
Supports ancillary needs for Surgery Administration which includes surgery scheduling and pre-surgical health records assembly as assigned.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 10% of the time with near constant sitting.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail80-100% of work time.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Springfield , SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 15.08 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Clerical || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
Internal Number: 163471
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.