Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practica based on teaching assignment.
Provides clinical psychiatric services to students in the Student Health and Wellness Center at SOU and serves as expert consultant on mental health issues and system of care for SHWC
Provides direct patient care: provide psychiatric assessment, makes appropriate and timely diagnoses based on history and examination
Provides mental health treatment including prescribing of psychotropic medications and counseling
Monitors patient responses to psychotropic medication; assesses patients for side effects and adjusts medications as necessary
Provides risk assessment including but not limited to risk of harm to self or others or students and makes appropriate recommendation for interventions, treatment and follow-up through clinical interview and/or observation in an outpatient setting
Develops treatment plan and goals
Provides students with a list of resources to access when SHWC is not available or the issue is out of provider scope
Works with community partners and assists students in accessing services off-site as needed
Knows and complies with applicable internal and external policies, procedures, rules and regulations, including but not limited to: SHWC Policy and Procedures, SOU Policy and Procedures; AAAHC Standards, OSHA rules and regulations and profession specific rules, regulations and standards of care.
2. Scholarly Activities : Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
3. Education Activities: Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities : These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Campus Associate Dean. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities : As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university\u2019s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
As the state's only health and research university, OHSU brings together patient care, research, education of the next generation of health care providers and scientists and community service to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians.The university is a conduit for learning for more than 2,800 students, providing training to interns, residents and fellows in postgraduate medical and research. It is the only place in Oregon that grants doctoral degrees in medicine, dentistry and nursing. OHSU cares for more than 251,000 patients each year from around the region and takes a leadership role in contributing to solutions involving the health of the state and the nation, such as health care access and transparency, ethics and workforce shortage. Beyond providing critical health care services, quality education and cutting-edge research, OHSU also is a key economic and social force in the Northwest. With an annual operating budget of $2.06 billion and more than 14,000 employees, OHSU is Portland?s largest employer. Its size contributes to its ability to provide... many services and community support activities not found anywhere else in Oregon. For more information visit http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm