Exciting opportunity for the RN seeking challenge and variety. This position supports the Neuro Muscular clinic. The RN will participate once weekly in the ALS Clinic, provide phone triage, support physicians and support patients with case management. Facilitate a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care..
UCHealth's Purpose is to Give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives
· Provide direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Participate once weekly in the ALS clinic
· 75-80% Triage
· Support physicians and support patients with case management
· Facilitate a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
University of Colorado Hospital - Denver Awards and Recognition
· Magnet Award for nursing excellence.
· America's Top Hospitals – U.S. News & World Report
· No. 1 Academic Medical Center for Quality – University Health System Consortium (IHC)
· Comprehensive Stroke Center
· NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center
Requirements for this position:
· Effective 4/1/2014, a BSN is required for those accepting a registered nurse position or it must be attained within three years. The new hire must actively pursue and enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of their start date.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience . Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· 6 months nursing experience.
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.