Nurse Navigator - GI and Surgical Oncology Outpatient Clinic
Serves as a patient advocate, liaison, and advisor/educator to assist patients with navigating the continuum of care.
This RN position supports the Oncology patient with diagnosis and treatment. Oncology experience is required.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Rounds on/reviews assigned patients regularly and evaluates patient progress with plan of care. Communicates plan of care to patient and family and solicits concerns, questions, and issues for resolution.
· Provides emotional support, counseling, clinical education and expert guidance to patients and families to promote their ability to understand and meaningfully participate in the healthcare process and personal decision-making.
· Serves as a liaison between patient and clinical staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, and community/external resources to coordinate/maximize resources and identify/resolve barriers to the plan of care.
· Assists patients and families with resolving financial, psychosocial, functional, and administrative issues by advising of options and referring to appropriate resources.
· Intervenes as appropriate to advocate for patient and family.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. BSN is required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· 2 years nursing experience with Oncology .
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Strongly Preferred Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree .
· Well rounded experience working with patients within a broad spectrum of cancer diagnoses
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.