We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Receives and responds to consumer calls for health care assistance using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Elicits questions, concerns, and information from caller to assess symptoms, determine acuity, identify appropriate algorithm/protocol, and develop patient care plan.
· Provides professional advice, education, and options based on assessment, established algorithm/protocol, and clinical judgment.
· When appropriate, contacts appropriate emergency response services.
· Provides referrals to healthcare providers and community resources when appropriate, including locations, hours, and contact information.
· Assists caller with scheduling appointments at referral sources when appropriate.
· Documents calls, responses, and referrals.
· Performs follow up calls to evaluate effectiveness of care and need for additional care.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
· 2 years nursing experience.
Licenses and Certifications
State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
BLS. Required Relevant life support certification as defined by unit certification list.
IF APPLICABLE(if HM selects "yes" on requisition request): Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.