Summary - Palliative Care Social Worker (LCSW) Provides psychosocial support to palliative care service patients. Assists in discharge planning, culturally competent psychosocial evaluations, and transitions of care for palliative care service patients.This is an exciting and unique position working with oncology patients on both the Inpatient and Outpatient side of care.
This position applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
· Performs/documents psychosocial assessment on the Palliative Care team patients.
· Collaborates and serves as a resource for social worker team members working with care service patients on other units in the hospital.
· Collaborates and assists the palliative care team in patient-family meetings for goal setting and care planning.
· Participates in the discharge planning process of palliative care service patients.
· Coordinates educational and outreach services relevant to the social service -palliative care interface.
· Participates and provides input in palliative care quality improvement initiatives.
· Provides liaison functions between the palliative care team and hospital care coordination and social service departments.
· Provides liaison function between palliative care team and community hospice, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and other community services and resources.
· Attends weekday palliative care team "rounds," weekday Hospitalist-Oncology-Palliative Care multidisciplinary team rounds, weekly Tuesday Conferences (includes Palliative Care Committee meetings), monthly Palliative Care Joint Commission meetings, and monthly palliative care business meetings.
· Is committed to following the National Quality Forum's Preferred Practices for Palliative Care and the National Consensus Project Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care, and the Joint Commission standards through the Advanced Certification Program in Palliative Care.
· Seek professional memberships (eg, NASW and NHPCO's National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals (NCHPP)).
Practice within the scope of the Values and Ethics of Social Work Practice outlined by the NASW
· Masters Degree in Social Work
· Minimum two years clinical experience in hospital, long term care or hospice setting.
· Licensed Social Worker
· Committed to work towards the Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Social Worker ( ACHP-SW ) within two years and meeting educational and state requirements to maintain certification.
· Palliative Certification Preferred
· Palliative Care Experience
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There no limit to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.