PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 157286
Responsible for providing direct patient care to individuals participating in inpatient or outpatient cardiac, pulmonary and vascular rehabilitation programs. May also work in exercise stress testing laboratory or in other clinical settings where exercise training has been shown to be of therapeutic benefit. Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members to develop, implement, and monitor the patient's therapy program.
1. Conducts individualized initial patient interview and assessment, collects patient medical history and develops individualized treatment plan for comprehensive cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation program.
2. Case manages entire cardiac rehabilitation program for individual patients. Implements, modifies and supervises therapeutic program for patients and family members. Assesses and re-assesses patient throughout the program to modify plan of care. Maintains appropriate clinical records and consistently documents data in the appropriate area.
3. Develops safe and appropriate exercise prescriptions for diverse patient population with multiple co-morbidities. Collaborates with other health care team members regarding continuity of care, but capable of working independently and making high level clinical decisions on complex and high-risk patients with chronic disease.
4. Provides patient counseling on test results and procedures, and instructs patients on home exercise programs, risk factors and other behavior modification.
5. Develops and implements educational programs for patients and families.
6. Assists Manager and Wellness Services Coordinator with developing and implementing wellness programs, services and special events (e.g. health fairs, community activities, employee and community wellness programs, etc.).
7. Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedure, protocols and outcome measures.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year degree program in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, or related field.
Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of one year experience in related field.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Two to three years of experience preferred. Previous experience in cardiovascular rehabilitation services preferred.
Current state licensure as applicable.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ACLS certification required within one year of hire.
Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP).
Must have knowledge in cardiac rehabilitation phase I, II and III.
Demonstrate advanced knowledge in exercise physiology, cardiovascular pathophysiology and cardiovascular disease testing and treatments.
Strong skillset in ECG/arrhythmia recognition.
Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong customer service skills with emphasis on follow through with customer requests/needs.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Day Shift Length: Variable FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 22.07 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Clinical Exercise Physiologist; Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Other - Allied || Full Time || REHABILITATION SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.