The EH&S Environmental Program Administrator will implement UCDH environmental protection programs, and provide direction, oversight and monitoring of environmental programs and related model programs that can be used in healthcare throughout the UC system.
Direct supervision is by the UCDH Health and Safety Officer, but the EH&S Environmental Programs Administrator provides support to the UC Office of the President, Director of EH&S, creating model programs to be used in healthcare for the entire UC system. Develop and implement UCDH environmental protection programs, and provide direction, oversight and monitoring of environmental programs and related model programs that can be used in healthcare throughout the UC system.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Knowledge and experience to lead all environmental protection, hazardous materials, food and water safety activities, to negotiate and resolve conflicts involving diverse views and positions, develop consensus, develop innovative initiatives, provide direction and monitor the effectiveness of the programs.
• Experience and skills using innovative approaches and techniques to solve complex problems, recognize trends, develop long- range goals and analyze data of a complex and variable nature in the disciplines of environmental protection, hazardous materials, food and water safety management.
• Advanced degree in Health & Safety or in Engineering, and progressive experience/training in environmental, hazardous materials, food and water safety program administration.
• Experience developing health, safety and environmental training and programs or similar programs.
• Knowledge and skills to balance risk, cost and impact to patient care for projects that can have a major impact on the institution.
• Knowledge of related state and federal regulations.
• Knowledge and skills to assure that the environmental management, hazardous materials, food and water safety programs operate safely and in compliance with all laws, regulations, accreditation standards, hospital policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Cal/OSHA, Cal/EPA and Joint Commission requirements; airborne and blood borne pathogen, environmental health and infection control practices.
• Valid California Driver's License.
• Must be able to work special work schedules, including variable schedules on evening and night shift.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime.
• Must be able to wear appropriate safety equipment.Must participate in medical monitoring program.
• Current California Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) Registration, Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
• Experience in academic or healthcare setting.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
Additional Salary Information: $5916.67 to $12733.33 Monthly